Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Mama always said...

"Life isn't Fair."
Yep, I know. That doesn't make it right or any less frustrating.

"It's always better to leave when you are still having fun."
Sure thing, ahem, SNOW. Time to go now or I'm not going to want to play with you again.

"Tis better to light a candle than curse the darkness."
Cursing the darkness is definitely more fun.

"Even a broken clock is right twice a day."
What if I'm usually only right twice a day? And, that is only true if it has stopped. If it's working but keeping the wrong time the intervals between it being right are going to be rare and far between if ever.

"Don't cry over spilled milk."
Not a problem. You would never see me crying over spilled milk. I hate milk. Unless you are making me start over in drinking an entire glass. Then I'd cry.

"Never look a gift horse in the mouth."
Why not?

"Don't shoot the messenger."
He should have known better than to deliver bad news to me. Besides, he probably derived some sort of sick pleasure in being the bearer of bad news and did it to get a rise out of me.

"People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones."
What about those of us who have brick houses?

"When life gives you lemons, make lemonade..."
That reminds me of the game lemonade stand that they had on those computers at after school care. What a great game. I made a pretend fortune selling pretend lemonade to pretend construction workers.

And probably only my mom used to say....

"...The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese" / "There's always free cheese in a mouse trap."
...Does this mean I get to sleep in?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner